Friday, June 7, 2019

King Pest III

It just occurred to me that this title could be read "King Pest the Third."

Anyways, we left the hotel we'd been staying in. It was going nicely, but then Clara started seeing something we didn't want around. Shadows in the corners that didn't have casters and moved on their own. Nightlanders, they're called. The fear of the unknown.

They get dangerous when they're angry.

Incidentally, I don't really get why standard Runner practice is to only have one or two companions at a time. I think the idea might be to avoid attracting attention, but our group already looks pretty conspicuous, and a lot of Runners do, too.

None of this is really relevant to what's really important, though, as exciting as I'm sure you find it. Actually, most of what I wanted to say here is that we're planning on visiting Addie's grave. I think I want to pay my respects to her, one last time. I never really got to say goodbye, after all.

Especially since Eric and I are dating now. I just don't think it would be exactly pleasant to be in a relationship with someone who's constantly dwelling on his dead girlfriend. I mean, it's not like I don't care about Addie anymore, but I don't think she'd want me to be the way I've been for all this time. And I don't either.

- Poe

1 comment:

  1. You have a new relationship! Awesome! I hope I get out of this tournament soon so I can kill them in front of you also!

    ReplyDelete