Saturday, June 1, 2019

For Evermore

That motley drama—oh, be sure
It shall not be forgot!
With its Phantom chased for evermore
By a crowd that seize it not,
Through a circle that ever returneth in
To the self-same spot,
And much of Madness, and more of Sin,
And Horror the soul of the plot.

I think I'll take a break from posts involving my personal life real quick to talk about a particular Fear.

The Constant Wanderer is a humanoid Fear that wears an auburn ponytail and an eyepatch, and that used to be human. I've heard conflicting reports of what their human self was like, but a personal favorite story of mine is that they used to be a writer. I guess that's a bit of bias on my part, though, especially since the Wanderer is one of the few Fears that doesn’t seem to be actively malicious. Rather, they unintentionally cause time distortion, particularly loops.

Frankly, I feel bad for the Wanderer. Like I said, they used to be human, and they don’t really seem to be malicious, and became a Fear by suffering... well, a lot.

(Maybe I'll end up as a Fear soon. That seems about right.

Still, being around Eric, Clara, Caledon, Kaden, Giles, Ash, and Alice has been... pretty nice. Sure, I've ended up in some tricky situations as a result of being around people with their own complications, like Caledon's former employers, but it's not like I didn't already have a difficult life.

Not that material assistance from Eric's employers hurts, for that matter.

But, really, things are starting to get better. It's a weird feeling.)

- Poe

3 comments:

  1. Somethings got to go wrong cause I'm feeling way too damn good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Was that a Nickelback reference?

      (Before you comment on my knowing that, I had to look it up.)

      - Poe

      Delete
    2. Yes. I went out of my way to make sure I was just "actually" the worst in every possible way. As a result. I listen to Nickelback.

      Delete