Saturday, February 23, 2019

The Winged Seraphs

In short, I became a new man, and lived a man's life. 
It was Alan Roach. It was his footsteps I heard.

Or rather, it was the man I met while he was wearing the mask of Alan Roach, and playing that part. (That mask, if you're curious, is a good old-fashioned devil mask.) Currently, not-Alan is going by Asher Lyall, and he's wearing the kitsune mask to match. Really, he's indistinguishable from your average Mountebank, complete with the tattoo of a hand shaking a red glove on the back of his neck. However, he said he wasn't really... working with the Mountebanks for that particular mission.

Unfortunately, Eric, Clara, and I were all unable to save Asher. He had cleared out the Puppets nonlethally, mostly through his sharply-honed stealth skills (and, apparently, actual magical abilities, though I... think he was joking about that?), and gotten to the cell where Eric and I were being held, but some other people came after him. Angry Mountebanks, I think. I don't know if they've captured him yet, or what, but it doesn't seem like things are looking up for him. He told us to get outside, and to leave him down in the tunnels.

He said it was his battle to fight, not ours. I didn't argue. (...Should I have?)

Shortly after leaving the tunnels, we came across a man with long hair and a long beard. Eric recognized him, called him "Caledon." He had the Archangel seal on his hand, though he tried to cover it up when I looked. Evidently, he was Zagreus, the former ARC agent/current Timberwolf I talked about a few posts ago.

He asked us to kill him.

We refused, of course. Even though Eric had seemed... pretty mad, he pretty quickly decided not to do what Caledon had asked; instead, he brought him along with us. I think Eric's planning on turning him in to ARC. We're headed back to their local headquarters anyways (again; hopefully we don't get attacked by Puppets this time around) as it stands.

Not sure what ARC will do with him.

- Poe

5 comments:

  1. You turned down a perfectly good chance to kill a Timberwolf. Shame on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unwilling Timberwolf. And I don't kill for fun. I'm better than that.

      Better than you.

      - Poe

      Delete
    2. Not better at protecting your girlfriend.

      Delete
    3. Murdering your wife seems like a step up from failing to protect your girlfriend on basically every count, but what do I know, eh?

      - Poe

      Delete
    4. I mean she was my ex-wife at that point, but admittedly somewhat a fair point... So I guess instead I am better than you at killing significant others.

      Delete