Monday, December 24, 2018

The Spectral Image

He had a gun and I had a knife. He was a Timberwolf and I was a Runner. He wanted me dead and it was just common sense but Jesus Christ I killed a man.

You know when you kill a bug but you do it wrong and it wriggles around and you don't know whether to put it out of its misery or not? That was practice.

Every time someone gets hurt it's my fault but for once it's actually true. I hate the world I live in where everybody wants you dead and you have to be ready to fight back.

It's been a bit since then. I'm still freaking out. I guess I always am. I'm just more subtle about it most of the time.

- Poe

4 comments:

  1. Oh god, I'm sorry you had to go through that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too.

      (But I appreciate the sympathy.)

      - Poe

      Delete
  2. If we ever run into each other, I'll be sure to show you how to properly kill someone.It will be a first hand experience too. No need to thank me.

    ReplyDelete